Modern houses for poultry production are constantly equipped with more technical management aids. Automation processes for feed and water supply as well as climate control increase every day. Installing technical devices for monitoring and notification purposes is therefore an absolute necessity.
Farm managers can react instantly in case of problems and are thus able to prevent damage in a reliable manner. Big Dutchman alarm systems raise the bar regarding functionality and security requirements.
With the alarm device AC Touch, Big Dutchman introduces a new generation of alarm systems. Instead of a key, AC Touch is accessed by means of a fingerprint sensor. This ensures that changes to settings and acknowledged alarms can be tracked back to the responsible person with absolute certainty; a great advantage on farms with several employees.
Furthermore, the alarm device is easy to use thanks to a large colour display. All alarm inputs and functions are displayed clearly and can be easily adjusted. Another important feature is the “black box”, which cannot be deleted and saves all alarms and activities.
- 10 analogue or digital alarm inputs, e.g. temperature alarm, fire alarm, motor failure;
- all inputs are fail-safe in case of wire breaks and, as an option, also for short circuits, too;
- 10 relay outputs actively switch on emergency fans or MultiStep groups, dependant on temperature limits or alarm notifications;
- the temperature is monitored by means of temperature profiles which can be pre-configured or set up individually (broilers, layers);
- temperature monitoring registers both sudden temperature changes and temperatures below or above the absolute values with regard to the current outside temperature;
- secure identification of up to 20 users with different rights thanks to a fingerprint sensor;
- progress curves of all alarms of the past 30 days can be displayed;
- the long-time storage cannot be deleted for an entire year;
- phase failure monitoring (optional) reports power failures;
- backup battery including monitoring of the battery status;
- automated test alarm;
- less important alarms can be muted for the night;
- integrated microphone records alarm messages.
Alarm transmission devices tested by VdS
Special alarm transmission devices can send alarms to phones or mobile phones if an authority or an insurer require that the device meet the provisions of the German VdS testing institution. The two devices available from Big Dutchman both use the next generation of IP technology. They have eight alarm lines to differentiate between the alarms. ISDN, Ethernet or the wireless GSM network can be used to transmit the alarm.
Both transmission devices must be operated in connection with a Big Dutchman alarm system to ensure that an alarm horn and a warning light can be connected. The transmission device sends the alarm in a manner certified by the VdS.
AC 3-T A
AC 3-T A has a wide functional range and is furthermore equipped with a battery with an extremely long life. This ensures highest operational reliability, especially in regions where power failures are not uncommon.
AC 3-T A consists of two housings to save space when installing the operating unit in a control cabinet door. The second housing holds the battery and the phase control (optional) and can be mounted in the control cabinet. All relevant functions are structured very concisely and are therefore very easy to use. The battery housing is also ideally ventilated.
- minimum and maximum temperature alarms can be set individually and alarms are generated if the temperature is below or above these target values;
- 2 alarm inputs are available; one for the climate and production computer and one for phase monitoring and the protective motor switch of the control cabinet;
- 3 different backup thermostats switch on selected fan steps, e.g. if a climate controller fails;
- active battery monitoring ensures that the status of the battery is checked every two minutes;
- contacts of the backup relay remain switched on for up to six hours after a power failure;
- alarms can be switched off by means of the key in the unit until the issue has been solved;
- the integrated testing and memory function guarantees that the alarm system reminds the farmer to adjust the minimum and maximum temperatures in rearing and broiler houses according to the birds‘ age.